Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sports Nutrition Part 1

Happy Tuesday
 
 
Today I am going to start a 3 part series on what I do Before, During and After each workout to get the best results I can get.
 
There are so many products out there at the.......
Gym, Supermarkets, Health Stores...........
 
How do you know who to believe to help you with you over all performance. I suggest you do you research and do what's best for you. More details to come about this.
 
Here are some of my tips for what I do before I workout. 
 
You want to make sure you eat a good meal before working out unless you are practicing Yoga then you need to eat at least 3 hours before Yoga.
 
When choosing a meal you want to make sure it a good source of protein and carbohydrates. It is so important to stay hydrated. 30 minutes before your workout you should drink at least 8oz of water.
 
 Caffeine from Green Tea, Coffee or a Vitamin B and Vitamin D can help you with you ENERGY. Vitamin B & D help with your MOOD, Clarity and Focus. Vitamin B also helps convert protein and Carbs to physical energy and helps with the production of cells in creating Red Blood Cells.
 
Before I work out I drink my water and take an Energy Chew to give me the Burst of Energy I need to complete my workouts. I also mix up a performance Drink for during my workouts which we will talk about in Part 2.
 



Before heading to the gym I make sure I put on a cute workout outfit, I put my make up on and do my hair with a cute curled pony tail or a braid. Right before you walk into the gym put a smile on your face and walk into the gym like you own it.

Okay you say What she does her hair and make up before working out??? Yes I totally do every time. I don't do this to impress anyone or to pick up a guy. Hello I'm happily married for a most 10 years. So why do I worry about what I look like. Well I do it for myself. If I feel better about myself I have more continence in the gym and I work harder. Now you may not want to put make up on or do your hair that's totally fine. Just head into any workout with confidence!


Before:
These are my chew of choice. Below are all the wonderful details about them!

Healthy Energy on Demand

Finally, a healthy alternative to high calorie, high volume energy drinks! Scientifically formulated Shaklee Energy™ contains the right ingredients to help energize your body and support alertness, focus, cognitive
  • Energy-releasing B vitamins, immune-supporting vitamin C and bone-building vitamin D
  • Key amino acids L-tyrosine and L-theanine associated with mental alertness and focus*
  • Natural caffeine from green tea extract associated with energy and performance*
  • No artificial flavors, sweeteners, or added preservatives and it's gluten free
    Healthy ingredients work fast to help:*
  • Sustain energy
  • Improve performance
  • Stay alert
  • Sharpen focus
  • Improve mood
Want more details?  Click Here 


 
There is so much more to talk about before a work out if you would like more details or have questions PLEASE email me or leave a comment and I will get back to you!

Have a fabulous day!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment